I completed my first two and a half years of lower division work at Folsom Lake College, where I graduated with honors with three associates degrees and a certificate of accomplishment. I started taking classes there at age 16.
I think Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) are a great idea. I love using recorded lectures and having the ability to self-pace parts of the course. I take classes both to learn new material and to review fun subjects I'm already familiar with. Here are my completed MOOCs (I have audited/perused other courses not listed here).
- Cryptography I - Spring, 2012 - Completed all course work and extra-credit programming assignments (grade of 100%).
- Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation - Summer, 2012 - Completed all course work.
- Securing Digital Democracy - Fall, 2012 - Completed all course work (grade of 100%).
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala - Spring, 2013 - Completed all course work (with distinction).
- Introduction to Mathematical Thinking - Fall, 2013 - Completed standard course work and the optional peer-review grading (with distinction).
- a href="https://www.coursera.org/course/ml">Machine Learning - Summer, 2014 - Completed all course work (grade of 100%).
I was home-schooled until college. I chartered my first three years of high school through a private Christian school in Florida called ABeka Academy. I used ACAEA for my senior year of high school so that I could count credits from community college toward filling high school requirements as well.