These are bug-reports I've filed, although not necessarily all of them. When filing a bug report I try to include all of the details and implications of the problem, and if I have the opportunity I will sometimes include a patch or a description of what the solution probably needs to address.
- FoxyProxy: DNS is not tunneled when it should be - [Original link expired.] [My blog post.] FoxyProxy was not tunneling DNS requests through the selected proxy, leaking information about the user's browsing to DNS sniffers. Privacy implications. (Nov. 2009)
- PCManFM: Properties attribute "size on disk" is incorrect - The Linux file manager PCManFM was incorrectly calculating the total disk space used by a file. Isolated the problem and explained it. (Oct. 2011)
- i3: Floating windows have vertical axis coordinates remembered incorrectly - Floating windows were being shifted down each time they were created. (Jan. 2012)
- Bitbucket: MarkDown rendering bug - Auto-generated IDs based on user content were conflicting with IDs used in the global site CSS. (Feb. 2013)
- PHP: crypt doesn't fail on "$" in CRYPT_DES salt - PHP's
crypt()function improperly handles input characters, allowing silent algorithm downgrades to occur. A security concern, inconsistency between behavior and documentation, and a violation of implementation convention. (Mar. 2013)